01 January 2015

2014 - THE HIGHS

As I recall the good things that happened this year, after blogging the bad ones, I realized that I had an equally wonderful year. When I browsed through my Instagram photos, I pretty much had a lot of blessings in my bag.

1. Renewed relationship with my God. This was the highlight of my year. I have started my journey of knowing, praising, walking and loving Him even more. It started with a Sunday service in CCF (Christ Commission Fellowship - Alabang branch), and from that day, my heart couldn't stop worshipping His name. I thank CCF, my friend Richel and her family, the pastors, and other believers for being with me in this journey. "I have decided to follow Jesus, no turnining back.."

2. True friends. Old and proven. I owe these people a long-overdue feature blog (which I still commit to do!), but I know with or without it, I am surrounded with a lot of them. Tin, Karla, Kassey, Mikka, Kye, Trixie, Nica, Inna, Justine, Danica, Mhay, Aldrin, Jix, Mami Toni, Steff, Dian, Charmi, Richel, Kendra.

3. New friends. I may have lost a lover and a friend, but God replaced it with new people who made an impact in my year. Shoutout to my D-Group girls, led by my very inspiring discipler Ef. I am fortunate to gain more friends I met in my trips, from a friend of a friend, and at work.

4. Marriott Hotel Manila. I have been praying for this change since last year, but it came at the right time. My new job shifted my priorities, geared to focusing on my career more. It was exactly what I needed. Honestly, I am really struggling because it has been challenging what I am capable of, but I never felt so fulfilled with my work. I am seeing a brighter career path ahead of me now.

5. Looking and feeling great. I was such an insecure, and the heartbreak put my self-esteem even lower. Rather getting wasted, I fought back in a fab way. Found myself boxing - and loving it so, so much! It has been my weekly workout. I spoiled myself of trying to be pretty the best way I can. Taking fitness and self-care seriously now.

6. Climb a mountain. I made to Pico de Loro! It was so difficult for a first timer. Never felt so fearless in my life.

9. Eatprayreadlove. I have started this weekend lifestyle of going out, reading and hanging out alone. I enjoyed being all by myself, getting lost over a good book and being far from the noise. Lost track of the books I read, but thank you dear authors for stories that cut through. And the must-try-restos I have been, how I wish I was diligent in documenting, I had some awesome taste experiences on the books.

8. Extra joys. Watched the Wicked theater play. Witness a professional tennis game - IPTL, saw pro players like Murray, Sharapova, Tsonga, Ivanovic, Monfils. Free ticket to Priscilla - a must watch play indeed. Complimentary business phone. Beach island trip with friends. Ended the year meeting a cute guy (haha!)

9. Matured perspective. With all the things that happened, both good and bad, 2014 taught me a lot of things. It made me wiser than I was. I learned to be more appreciative, more forgiving, more humble, more understanding, more rational, more independent and more faithful. I gained lots of insights about how relationships should be, making me EXTRA careful of finding the right man. I see life on lighter and beautiful way than before. It should be taken seriously but I have finally accepted the idea of going with the "flow." Enjoying the simplest things, day by day.


I know I had a 10, 11, 12, and so on. 2014 was still bad, but equally great for me. Had a 360 degrees turn-around in my life, but I was glad of how it turned out to be. Always imperfect, but I haven't felt more satisfied with where I am right now. God blessed me with struggles and successes I have no regrets with.

2015, what now?