22 June 2020

LETTERS TO A #5

Dear Awesome,

Your identity is no longer a secret since we've (specifically, you) made an online public announcement of our relationship just few hours after I said yes to be your partner a month ago. Happy 1st monthsary, AJ Montesa! 💛

May 23, 2020. The last blog-letter I wrote about/for you never expected that the 23rd of May will be so special for us both. It was a letter full of uncertainties and hope at the same time. How strange that 7 months ago we were so sure about each other, yet still held back until we're sure this "good gift" is from the Lord. And it is, AJ. You are a good, good gift from the Lord! I'm so grateful that we both waited for that cozy Saturday afternoon in our living room.

I could write so many stories about us like "Keep your Friends Close, Enemies Closer, and Crush Closest," or "Finding the Best Godlyfish in the Christian Sea," or "Nailing and Failing the Courtship," or "Pandemic, I'm in Love." Although, it will take me days to share details about all of those - but I will, some other time!

So for now, I want this first ever blog entry about me being in a relationship speak about how I happy I am. I AM SO HAPPY WITH YOU, AJ! I've written so many heartbreak or hopelessly waiting entries, so this makes you and what we have so special. And I am certain I won't ever have to delete nor regret publishing it.

Happiness reminds me of the Beatitudes, which holds a special place in our memory - thank you for facilitating the series of exegesis of this part of the Scripture during the pandemic. Beatitudes from what we've learned is such an important and beautiful teaching of Jesus in the Matthew 5. It defies how the world defines being happy or blessed, as someone must be first poor in spirit - so humble, so broken - to realize their need for Jesus, then they can inherit the kingdom of heaven, which is a story of salvation at its very core.

How does that relate to us? Well, I am certain of my personal relationship with Jesus and that I can claim my inheritance in heaven someday with Him. But thinking of you, our story written by the God, I am deeply humbled to find Jesus again. Ours is not perfect, we both know that. We see ourselves struggle a lot more (and the most this 1st month), yet God's grace has never ceased to amaze me. My spirit is sliding down to the bottom the past days to weeks, but I remain happy because having you is a reminder that God isn't done with me yet. Thank you for constantly reminding me of that. And thank you for being broken with me as well. God indeed is the master author of our lives for even allowing two both deeply depraved individuals pursue a relationship together in pursuit of Him in this life. Aaaahhhmazing! 

I am so excited for the next monthsaries, anniversaries and decades with you, AJ. Let's stick together, I promise I'll lessen my "ayoko na" moments by 50% as a monthsary gift.

You will forever be awesome to me. I love you! 


Love,
Your Girlfriend