15 January 2017

HELLO, 2 0 1 7!

Have you ever felt tired of writing down resolutions, but end up editing it only after a week has passed by - year after year? Aren't we all tired of impressing people, more than ourselves, of our standing-ovation-worthy goals? After a 12-month cycle, we fall in the same trap of not resolving anything. So, we do resolutions again and again and again. 
Trust me, I was a victim of this. I got tired. 

So, in 2016 I found myself just continuing my life. Letting God direct my life. I have life goals, but none specifically for the year. My perspective was, "Lord, lead me and surprise me!" Looking back, He shocked me with so many blessings (read more here). However, as I wait for 2016 to fade away like the fireworks on the sky, God's Word was banging loudly this verse to my ears.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also  will appear with him in glory." Colossians 3:1-3

Fix my eyes on eternity and do things with eternal value. This is actually what we are called to do while we wait on that eternal life with God. But God impressed deeply in my heart to set my year with this in mind. So, I go back to the trap - not pointless, but worthwhile.

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I was entrusted with a lot last year and I feel like I haven't responded excellently. And, entering my 2nd quarter in life (assuming I have 100 years to live), I have a lot to mature on. I am desperate to make my days count for God's glory. I don't know about you, but if the terrible, sickening news around the world doesn't push you down to your knees, then I rest my case for the future ahead of you. 

Thus, I unearthed my cork board and boldly wrote my goals for this year. 

(insert photo)


I understand how tiring it is to set goals and hope for better things every year. I feel you, bruh! But see God's promise on Colossians 3:4? That is where my hopes are. (YES, a new blog name indeed!) 



All from and for Him.