06 September 2015

HEADACHE AND HEART CHECK

This is the story of how I felt God is at work all the time. 


I thought I lost my phone last week (but praise God I just dropped it in my friend's car), and it took me only awhile to realize that was a huge blessing. I've been having severe headaches for weeks because of my astigmatism (my fault for not wearing glasses all the time) and I've been struggling on excessive phone usage of nonsense apps browsing. So, not having it for an entire day allowed me to really rest my eyes which resulted to a headache-free day! 

Next, I realized that I am wasting so much time on "mobile bumming" when I could just spend it more on productive things or quiet time. Whenever I find it hard to sleep, I choose to browse the net through my phone. I realized how much time I could spend talking and listening more to Him. Quite an intervention to re-evaluate my priorities.

Lastly, I realized how weak my heart still is. It was only when I got home at 4 am, from a fellowship with churchmates, that I found out it was missing. I felt hopeless on reaching my friends, so I just cried to sleep and shamelessly saying, "Lord mawala na lahat wag lang fone please." But God was my comfort that I was able to sleep over my worries. When I woke up, I learned that the phone was safe with my friend! Then, I saw photos of last night's fellowship on Facebook. Suddenly, I felt so bad about myself for being so selfish and materialistic. I didn't even thank Him for guiding me home safe nor the fun fellowship we had; and I forgot to simply rest my troubles in Him, rather I cried out selfishly for a temporal thing (mobile phone, above all things?!?) This made me check my heart again of how much contentment and trust do I have for the Lord.

It might be a simple incident but it's really in those unexpected things that God reveals His love for us. 

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalms 28:7