19 February 2015

THAT THING CALLED..

In my desire to write something for Valentine's last year, which could have been my first ever love day with someone special, but turned out to be a total wreck. I dreamt of bouquet of red roses, candlelit dinner and romantic gazes, but I woke up to screaming, bad breath from the kebab food and a relationship falling apart. A year after, it still is traumatic for me. Every single person, especially those who just got their hearts broken, dreads this so-called "love month." But I swear I don't. I will forever be a fan of a celebrated love - mad, genuine and shouted one. So yeah, I am not bitter this year to clear my point. *haha*

Who wants to be lonely? NOT ME. Noone. I suppose. I like being alone of having my own space and time to escape from the stress. But lonely is a desperate feeling of longing and ends up failing. There I find the importance of Valentine's Day in our calendars because it reminds everyone how blessed life is having a partner with you.  Not having a romantic partner made me a single prepared last week. I went to see my friends back in my former work, baking at my friend's house, went to an orphanage with friends, and attended our Saturday singles' ministry. These activities, of course, taught me that I am exempted from loneliness..

1. I kept great friends from my former workplace I can run to anytime.
2. Exploring a hobby, that interested me for so long, is possible with a help from a friend.
3. I don't have any excuse to ever think that I am lonely and left out, because these babies experienced such unknowingly yet shows the true meaning of HOPE. 
4. To have him is enough. I am never, ever lonely.


So this movie, That Thing Called Tadhana, has made a massive trend for weeks now. I have to say that it deserves all the rave reviews and blockbuster fame it is getting. If you think about it, it has a very simple plot, being that it is an indie film with modest setting and only two characters. That's the beauty of TTCT, and of all indie films, is showing real and unpretentious emotions without being complicated. Spot on. Cut-through. I really had a serious hangover about this movie that I couldn't stop talking about the "hugot" lines and scenes! It was very relatable like hearing yourself on the big screen because at some point in our lives, we have said their lines. Those painful lines that may sound funny now, but actually, aches deep down when recalled.

Many has spoken about the tragic heartbreak side of the movie. Of getting yourself hurt big time and wanting to forget about it as soon as possible. Felt that too. I want to dig deep in the dramatic scenes and "hugot lines" of the movie because there are so many good ones, though with my Vday realizations, this movie fits what I learned. Broken hearts go where it is not lonely. The journey of hurting, healing and moving on is done with someone. It may be a family, friend or someone new. Looking back on my own experience, I am grateful to have tons of lovely hearts beside me in those dark days. 

I may haven't waken up from to that romantic hearts day dreams of mine. It remains a deep, HOPEFUL desire. Every day or moment gives us an opportunity to create new memories to cover up for the previous one. 12 months later, I have proven that I got over the trauma. I can now sleep again in peace in the HOPES of waking up to a better one with someone in the perfect time. 



"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same twice" - F.Scott Fitzgerald.